(620) 624-8158
Se Habla Español
Work Visas

Non-US citizens who wish to work in the state of Kansas will typically need a work visa. The procedure involved in getting a work visa, however, is filled with legal requirements and red tape. Whether you are interested in an H1B work visa to join a Sublette, KS engineering firm or a P1 work visa to compete at a Kansas sporting event, call Koehn & Tahirkheli, L.L.C. for a free initial consultation with a work visa attorney about your case.

A first step in your path to a work visa is deciding which visa will suit your needs. There are more than 60 types of temporary, non-immigrant work visas available in the United States.

Examples of non-immigrant, temporary work visas include the following:

  • B1 visa—This "business visitor" visa
  • E1 visa—An E1 "treaty trader" visa
  • E2 visa—The E2 "treaty investor" visa
  • H1B visa—Foreign professionals visa
  • H2 visa—Seasonal agricultural work visas.
  • L1 visa—"intra-company transferee."
  • O1 visa—For those with extraordinary abilities in the arts, science, sports, and/or entertainment.
  • P1 visa—Foreign performing artists visa.
  • R1 visa—The R1 religious workers visa..

While the work visas listed above are for individuals who want temporary, non-immigrant status, there are permanent visas, also known as green cards, available for working immigrants who want to make their home in the United States. In some cases, foreign citizens can use their temporary work visas as a stepping stone to later obtain an immigration visa and permanent residence in the US.

Keep in mind, however, that an immigrant interested in permanent residence thorough employment usually must be sponsored by a US employer. Another work-based option for lawful permanent residence in the US is the EB5 visa for business investors.

Call us today to discuss your work visa options.

Cities We Serve
Koehn & Tahirkheli, L.L.C. serves the cities of Liberal, Garden City, Sublette, Elkhart, Johnson City, Hugoton, Ulysses, Dodge City, Meade, Seward county, and serving all other communities in Southwest Kansas
Contact us
Koehn & Tahirkheli, L.L.C.

217 N. Washington
Liberal, KS 67901
Phone (620) 624-8158
Fax (620) 624-0533
Se Habla Español